Made with nutrient-packed spinach, protein-rich Greek yogurt, and engaging herbs and spices, this wholesome spinach dip is scrumptious and good for you!
Creamy, scrumptious and wholesome spinach dip
Spinach Dip is a favourite appetizer at our home. It is creamy and flavorful and has a scrumptious method of enhancing absolutely anything we have dipped into it. Full Disclaimer: Our ladles have been principally of the bread and produce selection. I can nearly say with certainty, although this hasn’t been examined, that Oreos would not be made any higher by the addition of spinach dip. Nevertheless, in case you are courageous sufficient to present this mixture a try to discover it tremendously scrumptious, please tell us.
Again to this dip. As scrumptious because it was, wholesome it was not. So I did what I do and made some adjustments. Much less cream cheese, I did away with the mayonnaise completely and changed it with Greek yogurt. Then I seasoned it liberally, added nutrient-packed spinach and crunchy water chestnuts and this wholesome spinach dip was born. Greek yogurt provides a tangy taste that I like, and it is simply as scrumptious because the high-calorie authentic. If you happen to’re searching for a festive appetizer, potluck, or weeknight veggie enhancer, you have come to the best place. Our Wholesome Spinach Dip is creamy, tangy, flavorful, and scrumptious. And did I point out straightforward?
Components you will want for this Wholesome Spinach Dip:
- Cream cheese– On this recipe we use common full-fat cream cheese.
- greek yogurt– We like to make use of entire milk Greek yogurt.
- Spinach– I like to purchase contemporary spinach and put it within the freezer to make smoothies. It is excellent for this dip!
- water chestnuts– These are very gentle in taste, however add a scrumptious crunch.
- Onion and Garlic Powder– Using powdered components right here provides a richer, extra intense taste.
- dry parsley– You may as well use contemporary.
- Sea salt– You may as well add floor pepper to style.
Learn how to make Creamy Spinach Dip:
- Put together the components. Thaw spinach and wring out extra moisture with a clear kitchen towel. Give the spinach a tough chop. Finely chop the water chestnuts.
- Beat the creamy components. Add softened cream cheese to a medium dimension mixing bowl. Beat with a handheld electrical mixer till clean and creamy. Add Greek yogurt and seasonings; beat till nicely mixed.
- Add the spinach. Add spinach and water chestnuts and stir till mixed.
- Cool. Chill spinach dip for no less than half-hour or till able to serve.
- Attend. Serve the spinach dip with crackers, bread cubes, carrots, celery, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, snap peas, or the rest you possibly can consider!
Recommendation and recommendations
How lengthy does Wholesome Spinach Dip final within the fridge? Leftover spinach dip will final 3-4 days if saved in an hermetic container within the fridge.
What ought to I serve with spinach dip? Nearly the whole lot we have dipped on this creamy, flavorful sauce has been exceptionally scrumptious. These are a few of our favorites:
- Cherry tomatoes
- sliced peppers
- sliced radishes
- muffin chips
- Assorted Cookies
- items of contemporary bread
Substitutions and Variations: It is a fairly forgiving recipe, so be happy to mess around with the totally different components or substitute them to fit your style. Bitter cream, mayonnaise, or dairy substitutes can be utilized, simply attempt to hold the quantity about the identical. You may as well mess around with the flavour profile by including toppings like crumbled bacon, diced jalapenos, or chopped artichokes.
Wrap it up! Strive utilizing leftover spinach dip for sandwiches! Unfold the spinach dip on a tortilla and high with sliced roasted rooster or turkey. Add assorted greens as desired, then roll up and serve.
Extra scrumptious salsa recipes:
Wholesome Spinach Dip
Made with nutrient-packed spinach, protein-rich Greek yogurt, and flavorful herbs and spices, this wholesome spinach dip is tasty and good for you.
Place the frozen spinach in a colander. Run heat water over it till the spinach is thawed. Squeeze extra liquid from spinach with a paper towel or clear kitchen towel till nearly dry. I like to cut the spinach at this level into small items, as a result of nobody likes to chew right into a little bit of a clump of spinach!
In a medium bowl, add the softened cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer till clean. Add Greek yogurt, salt, onion and garlic powder, and dried parsley. Combine till mixed.
Add the chopped spinach and diced water chestnuts and stir till the whole lot is nicely mixed. Switch to a serving bowl and refrigerate for half-hour or till able to serve.
Serve with crackers, bread cubes, and your favourite contemporary greens. Take pleasure in!
Energy: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 13gram | Protein: 10gram | Fats: 7gram | Saturated fats: 4gram | Polyunsaturated fats: 0.3gram | monosaturated fats: 2gram | Trans fats: 0.003gram | Ldl cholesterol: 22milligrams | Sodium: 698milligrams | Potassium: 329milligrams | Fiber: 3gram | Sugar: 5gram | Vitamin A: 4689UI | Vitamin C: 3milligrams | Calcium: 145milligrams | Iron: 1milligrams
I’m a registered dietitian, mother of 4, avid foodie, and robust promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you will discover many scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruit and veggies, suggestions on your youngsters to eat higher and turn into intuitive eaters and lots of assets to feed your loved ones.
Extra details about Natalia
#Wholesome #Spinach #Dip #mayonnaise